Derelict Junction

Providing missile launch codes for foreign cryptographers everywhere.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Playing Catch-Up.

I've got lots to write about and will sincerely try to get to it all in the next few days, so I'm going back a little in order to catch up. Here goes... Posted by Hello



A Brief History of Wasted Time...
If we could just get those obsessed egghead physicists and cosmologists to put down their pencils and stop chasing String Theory evidence and Unified Field Theories of Everything and building gravity telephones to communicate with other dimensions, and put them to work determining something useful, like what the greatest waste of time imaginable is, we'd surely discover that arguing with you ex-girlfriend's husband is right up at the top of the list. That's precisely what happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and I feel horrible just thinking of it. Let me explain, when someone you like who you hardly ever see, comes into town, stay focused on catching up! Don't give in to some long-winded Napoleonic cock-fight that no one really cares about simply out of subconscious caveman competition. That's bad enough, but when you only have a small window of opportunity to catch up, giving in to shouting matches becomes and even greater disservice. For which, I am embarrassed and truly sorry. What's worse, my ex-'s time West was regulated tighter than a stingy alcoholic priest offering up a chalice of wine to the congregation. So when it came time to take a sip, I wasted it without even putting it to my lips. In the words of evil Shatner to the trekkies, "A Colossal Waste of Time." For which, I regret.

|

1

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Drew said...

As entertaining as it is seeing all that String Theory stuff, I can't help but watch it and think, "What the fuck? You just made that up!". About every 30 seconds I convince myself that these super brilliant physicists have reached a point in their knowledge that they've disproven everything, and now they just wander the landscape saying to themselves, "I dunno, maybe there's a bunch of midgets living in my Cheerios. You can't prove there isn't!".

Then again, maybe I'm like some 16th century idiot that worked for the Pope, calling Galileo an idiot for all his bullshit theories on gravity and a solar centered earth. But since proving any of these theories wrong would involve years of study and some sort of 'effort', I'll just carry on programming Tivo for the upcoming Olympics so I don't miss a moment of Rhythmic Gymnastics...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home